Monday, November 12, 2007

Friday was a long day...

Wayne was near giving up on hearing back about the Barnes-Jewish jobs. He called and said that he had called only to find out they wouldn't know until (what was then) next week. I could hear defeat and disappointment in his voice. He said if there was no call by Tuesday he would take the job he was offered at Missouri Baptist. A good job, a good hospital--but totally not in his area. (pay and benefits were the same...happiness had nothing to do with money here) I told him he couldn't do that...that if he were deciding this based on the apartment we were getting (you have to have proof of a job and we want to be set up soon) that he couldn't just take a job he wouldn't want--that we would get a different apartment. I could tell that made him feel a little better, but still very down. It was probably a little after lunch time when we had this talk...

Friday afternoon about 4:00 Wayne called again. (He caught me mid-rant on this blog actually...) Barnes-Jewish called--they offered him a job in the MICU (Medical Intensive Care Unit).

I couldn't help it. I cried.

Wayne has worked so hard and so long and all I really wanted for him was a job that he would be excited about and, I think, deserved.

As usual, God showed up right when we needed to hear it the most. Every time something has happened--whether we're lower on money because of unexpected cost, need a plane ticket and can't afford one, or just have a washer and dryer that quits on us--God has used the people around us in ways that have made our life better.

Now, I'm not one of those people that believes God has something to do with everything. To be honest, the one thing I hate hearing most is: "I'm sure that didn't happen for you because God has something better in mind for you.." So many things in life are because of choice and actions we make and I am careful to say what it is that God wants most. But the timing with some things in our life...

You just can't deny He's watching.

1 comment:

staceyfike said...

hey! thanks for suggesting the uglies books, i'll check them out!!