Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Going home to DVB

A few weeks ago I received an online invite to the DeValls Bluff Alumni Reunion. Since then I have gone from excited to go and see a few friends I haven't seen for a while, to a nervous wreck. You see, this isn't just a class reunion, it's an alumni reunion, as in ALL alumni. I could take a class reunion much easier, but alumni means there will be a ton of people there that I do not know.

Oh, but Ronda, don't you know everyone from your home town? You would think so, but honestly I don't remember many of the people I went to school with. A school with 400 plus kids K-12 and I don't know many of the people that were in the class above or below me! Shame. on. me.

I'm planning on sucking up my anxiety and heading down to DVB Friday with the folks, Saturday with my former classmates, Sunday in worship services in Hazen and back to STL that afternoon.

Here's to hoping high school dramas do not resurface, rivalries do not rekindle, and that the catered catfish does not make a reappearance from my nerves.

No comments: