Friday, May 1, 2009

Long weeks and longer weekends

After all the crap we put up with in college, it's sometimes hard to accept that our schedule is still just as tight when it comes to Waynes time.

Yes, now when Wayne is off work, he's not doing paperwork or studying like he had to in nursing school. There are no nights at home spent up late because he has an assignment he wasn't able to do until that night, but is all the same due the next day. The white scrubs of clinical rotations have been replaced with navy blue ones that signify payday rather than 'I'm paying for this?!'

BUT...some things have changed. Holidays are now work days and mean we generally stay in town, birthdays may be spent alone if the schedule falls that way, and three to four nights in a row I'm often alone all night. Alone while most people with a husband or wife are getting to enjoy dinner together, discuss the days activities...

And then the letter comes in the mail...Wayne has been accepted into grad school! How one letter can bring so much happiness and pride and yet so much sadness is beyond me. Three years of classes year round. Not a lot of classes at a time, but still added to Waynes current work schedule. AKA...more nights without him.

Oh well, guess I'm going to have to suck it up, enjoy the summer with Wayne as much as I can and just look to the future beyond grad school...

...9-5 Monday-Friday job for us both! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally understand that feeling!!! I was so excited that Bry has graduated with his master but we are not done!! So here goes more of the same... I have been so proud of him and his hard work to make our family better and hopefully grow soon that I have to make sure and be supportive(which I know that you are as well) but one thing I have told myself in the last couple of weeks is that Bryan may not be home for dinner, he may miss things that I want him to be at, he may miss things that the kids want him to be at..etc, but the fact remains that I at least have him how ever many nights a week that I get him. After his accident I have realized that I dont care so much that he cant seem to get his clothes into the hamper which might be 3 inches from where he dropped his clothes or for that he doesnt close the cabinets after he's been in them, I am just so grateful that I have that at all! I know that you are grateful for Wayne and I am not saying that you arent :0) I am saying that we are so lucky and take so many things for granted!! We all do!! Think about how many people that go home and are alone all the time!! I dont want you to take this like I am getting on to you or saying that I am better becasue you and I know :0) lol I am just sharing my feelings now in light of recent events! Love you!!! Hope all goes well! You and Wayne will do great!! Be the suportive wife that I know you are and smile. :0) (That's what I have to tell myself) Bryan and Wayne will be so good at what they do always!!!

Unknown said...

lol wow I left a book!!! I had a bit of a ramble!!!! hehehe you know me!!!